- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @EmiBarry: "Wow 3 tattoos.. those are pretty permanent you know" Me: wow 3 kids... those are pretty damn permanent CAROL 57 minutes ago
- @ingdamnit Buuuuuuuulllllshiiiiitttttttt .... she parked like shit and then wanted to find a way to blame you for her mistake. 2 hours ago
- RT @bromanconsul: remember: what happens in vegas, stays in vegas. it grows in vegas. it adapts to the sewers and learns to see in the dark… 2 hours ago
- Little Cat has an interesting perspective on life. https://t.co/uxweP4knmW 5 hours ago
- @lacelle_megan You need Norman! 6 hours ago
Category Archives: Canada
Thank you to the various ‘mericans who told me about their holiday traditions so I could attempt them. You are a fascinating people, and I wish our two nations a long and prosperous friendship. (For the record — although I … Continue reading
The Fort got its first “big” snowfall of the season. Which means I had to suggest to our intrepid sports reporter, Lucas “Mayor of Awkwardville” Punkari, that he run outside and make a snow angel. And he did. Photo credit … Continue reading
Obviously, this book being held up by Lucas is the greatest Sally-Ann find ever in the history of Canadian political geekdom. To the cad who threw this book aside: For shame!
I’m truly sad that I never had the opportunity to meet Federal NDP leader Jack Layton, and now I never will. That’s saying a lot about the guy, as he was a politician. In my field, most politicians come across … Continue reading
There will be no blueberry picking this year. Yes, I know, it was on the list. Yes, I know blueberries are one of the few delicious things that grow in this barren land of the Canadian Shield. But it was … Continue reading
Check off another item on my adventure list— I went sailing yesterday! Zoey and I headed across the border early for breakfast at the Chocolate Moose (See what they did with the name there? It’s a pun! How could you … Continue reading
Why yes, Wilfrid and I are an item.
Incase my constant barrage of “ZOMGVACATION” didn’t register, I just spent a week plus out visiting the absolutely lovely province of Newfoundland. It was the last of the eastern provinces I had to visit, so y’know, as some might say … Continue reading
Zombie apocalypse warning in St. John’s – CBC News.
The sad part about people who complain about twitter without knowing much about it? They miss absolutely hilarious golden moments. Such as last Thursday when #badprovincialmottos trended across Canada. I rate it on par with when the #deadPMs took over … Continue reading