- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- I went for a walk today and a bug flew up my nose. https://t.co/2PeftUOs2r 1 hour ago
- @trouts33 yep. But more creepy eerie horror, not gory 1 hour ago
- @sidepix starbucks if I want coffee/latte stuff, Tims if I want tea. 2 hours ago
- RT @LILINTERNET: "BABY DON'T HURT ME" IS AN UTTERLY USELESS ANSWER TO THE QUESTION "WHAT IS LOVE?" 2 hours ago
- Make men cry and then drink their tears for eternal youth. twitter.com/drjengunter/st… 3 hours ago
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Superheroes, history, hockey, heartbreak … all done with a Candian twist. I dove through all 500 some pages of Jeff Lemire’s “Essex County“ collection in one sitting, with the copy that combines all three of his graphic novels into one … Continue reading
Michael Bolton always seems to catch a lot of flack [See: Office Space]. I don’t know why when he does this:
I tried, I really tried. I reached the eighth season of Red Dwarf but had to give up as it was just too much downhill too fast. The decline in the show was manageable back in the day when I … Continue reading
Old school, first album. Love.
I’ve been stoked for Thor ever since seeing the end-of-credits tidbit in Iron Man 2! Oh, and speaking of end-of-credit tidbits, if you see Thor, be sure to stick around until after the credits for a tip off of what’s … Continue reading
“Shine a Little Light” from Jeremy Fisher’s latest album “Flood”
Timothy Findley‘s “Pilgrim” – Which, I must confess, I have read multiple times over the past decade. I love love love Findley (Iconic Canadian writer? Hecks yes!), but find that his books are a hit or miss for me. For … Continue reading
I’m reliving the days of yore, when I watched this show a tons with the older brother. As my cat is an only child, I feel it’s also a must to encourage proper cattitude in my little one. I mean, … Continue reading
Shelf Monkey by Canadian author, Corey Redekop He had me at his description of Winnipeg. Mainly because … Winnipeg.