- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @caitlinstasey: ￼ cnn.com/2011/11/10/wor… Humans suck 2 hours ago
- RT @ThatEricAlper: Another one of those jobs you didn`t realize you wanted until you saw it on the news... http://t.co/e0M4GhSC2o 2 hours ago
- RT @pterosaur: I refuse to let a dude who uses Axe 3-in-1 body gel tell me about natural beauty unless he is a park ranger and he's doing h… 13 hours ago
- RT @PrairieTweeter: MT @dlbrydon: .@Niigaanwewidam account of what it means to be labelled news.umanitoba.ca/those-people-o… http://t.co/9dz0gax3AL /… 13 hours ago
- RT @DesmondCole: No April fooling: Toronto's cops have amassed a huge database of black residents' info bit.ly/1BJ9G16 #TOpoli http… 14 hours ago
Category Archives: unwork
The most important thing to do on a holiday is to maim oneself for life. So that’s what I did. “Eppur si muove” — “And yet it moves” Words puportedly said by the great Galileo after being forced to recant … Continue reading
Our Moustaches brings all the boys to the yard: Pondering the meaning of life in a way only those who have moustaches can:
I just mass produced 30 something of these. Don’t I look bee-yooooo-tee-ful? It’s for the local Santa Claus Parade which is this Saturday. The Sparks/Brownies will be wearing these (After slopping on the glitter paint tonight) alongside green garbage bags … Continue reading
The Fort got its first “big” snowfall of the season. Which means I had to suggest to our intrepid sports reporter, Lucas “Mayor of Awkwardville” Punkari, that he run outside and make a snow angel. And he did. Photo credit … Continue reading
Obviously, this book being held up by Lucas is the greatest Sally-Ann find ever in the history of Canadian political geekdom. To the cad who threw this book aside: For shame!
Expectations are different in small towns. In small town northwestern Ontario? Flannel is completely appropriate for all occasions. Weddings included. Funerals too – but the good flannel. Expectations, people. These different expectations carry over into the intersection of community newspapers … Continue reading
Cubicle extension made from cases of chocolate mint Girl Guide cookies.
For the record, I do a way better job at fake-tattooing than Leanne does.
Gossip around town has been saying that one of the photos we ran in the newspaper shows a little ghost-child peering out of the upstairs window of the almost-hundred-year-old local school that was demolished a couple of weeks ago. Sorry … Continue reading