- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @LouisatheLast: How dare these women take valuable, family-supporting jobs away from men in the traditionally male field of ghostbusting? 4 hours ago
- Stella Gibson does not have time for bullshit about how a misogynistic serial killer is some sort of special butterfly. 22 hours ago
- Proposal to replace all police show police officers with Gillian Anderson's character from The Fall. 22 hours ago
- I also appreciate Canada's cold weather bc it kills many things that would kill me. For reference, see: creatures of Australia. 1 day ago
- Thinking about how doomed humanity is bc of global warming really puts a damper on enjoying the ridiculously warm January weather here. 1 day ago
Category Archives: Television
(File this under: WHY DOES THIS NOT EXIST ALREADY?!?!?!) The world is a hollow empty place because there has never been a Highlander* Christmas Special. I realized this today due to a combination of Christmas eating my brain and a … Continue reading
It’s pretty obvious that Tanya and I are the coolest kids in our office since we’re the only ones wearing Hallowe’en costumes. Everyone else? You disappoint me greatly. Unfortunately there are downsides to going with a geeky costume like Jayne … Continue reading
Me: When I was younger, I always assumed that Immortals just had some sort handy portal to a weird dimension where they could stash their swords and pull them out as needed—cuz I mean, It’s not like swords are the … Continue reading
Reasons why I like “Hey Arnold!” Arnold is actually a likable main character. He’s kind, thoughtful, intelligent and brave – but at the same time humble, without the false bravado. Most of his adventures aren’t “struggling” to choose to do … Continue reading
I tried, I really tried. I reached the eighth season of Red Dwarf but had to give up as it was just too much downhill too fast. The decline in the show was manageable back in the day when I … Continue reading