- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @cox_tom: I tire of "HAND-COOKED"crisps. They no longer excite me. Crisps "COOKED BY THE ASSURED STEEL TALONS OF ROBOT HAWKS". That's wh… 8 hours ago
- ERMAGERRRRD.... "I'm a turtle, wiggle wiggle, mah bum is getting wet." youtube.com/watch?v=sr2pco… 17 hours ago
- @aliciamc he reaaaally hated the vet. As in "I will literally crap all over you, and claw you to shreds if you take me there" hate. 20 hours ago
- ... And in what is probably his one last act of defiance against his sworn enemy (the vet) Howie-cat peacefully passed away at home tonight. 20 hours ago
- And it's one of those awful moments where I'm half a continent away & can't be with Howie-cat at the end. http://t.co/GicS3gie6D 21 hours ago
Category Archives: Television
(File this under: WHY DOES THIS NOT EXIST ALREADY?!?!?!) The world is a hollow empty place because there has never been a Highlander* Christmas Special. I realized this today due to a combination of Christmas eating my brain and a … Continue reading
It’s pretty obvious that Tanya and I are the coolest kids in our office since we’re the only ones wearing Hallowe’en costumes. Everyone else? You disappoint me greatly. Unfortunately there are downsides to going with a geeky costume like Jayne … Continue reading
Me: When I was younger, I always assumed that Immortals just had some sort handy portal to a weird dimension where they could stash their swords and pull them out as needed—cuz I mean, It’s not like swords are the … Continue reading
Reasons why I like “Hey Arnold!” Arnold is actually a likable main character. He’s kind, thoughtful, intelligent and brave – but at the same time humble, without the false bravado. Most of his adventures aren’t “struggling” to choose to do … Continue reading
I tried, I really tried. I reached the eighth season of Red Dwarf but had to give up as it was just too much downhill too fast. The decline in the show was manageable back in the day when I … Continue reading