- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- @Somecitygirl agreed. Instead of forcing it, my parents ended up just keeping my hair cut shorter until I could brush it myself. 1 hour ago
- @Somecitygirl I'm not traumatized, but it's not the sort of childhood memory to cherish, nor want to pass along. 2 hours ago
- @Somecitygirl I have curly hair and still remember crying as a kid because it hurt when my parents tried to brush it. 2 hours ago
- RT @LIFECOACHERS: Good day. Today is Nov. 23, 2014. Affirmation: "I love myself enough to take a brunch selfie with no notice of the contem… 8 hours ago
- @arthur_affect or are posted to the newsroom's internal bulletin board of shame/wtfery. Yes, we have those. 8 hours ago
Category Archives: Science!
The most important thing to do on a holiday is to maim oneself for life. So that’s what I did. “Eppur si muove” — “And yet it moves” Words puportedly said by the great Galileo after being forced to recant … Continue reading
Gossip around town has been saying that one of the photos we ran in the newspaper shows a little ghost-child peering out of the upstairs window of the almost-hundred-year-old local school that was demolished a couple of weeks ago. Sorry … Continue reading
Sad part is (with a nod to Poe’s Law)…. somewhere, somehow, people are saying these things and actually meaning it.