- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @omcook: Do you ever wonder if Jessie's Girl heard that song then sat both guys down and explained to them that women aren't possessions 1 hour ago
- Last day of vacation. http://t.co/71rnGGNBn1 6 hours ago
- RT @CollinGallant: Let me just say this: there are 50 Hatters employed at the @MedicineHatNews who work hard to deliver the best local pape… 8 hours ago
- RT @mr_ericdyck: Hey cartoonists in #Lethbridge, #CrowsnestPass, #MedHat & area! @panel_one is open to all us southern folk as well! http:/… 8 hours ago
- PREACH. "@BrianThompy: Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, and Sting's ALL FOR LOVE > the Beatles catalogue” 9 hours ago
Category Archives: Random
My mom really likes polysporin. For those who aren’t in the know, polysporin is a brand of antibiotic ointment in Canada that’s put on wounds to help healing and prevent infection. For those in the U.S., it is the equivalent … Continue reading
There are three important lessons I have taken from the childhood literary classic, Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar: ONE: I just need to eat a lot and then have a nap and I will emerge a pretty butterfly TWO: … Continue reading
The most important thing to do on a holiday is to maim oneself for life. So that’s what I did. “Eppur si muove” — “And yet it moves” Words puportedly said by the great Galileo after being forced to recant … Continue reading
I have a wacom tablet now. That means I can draw stuff. And things. And all sorts of … stuff. Here, I made this for you:
I know there was that whole previous post about how my cat Jellybean is ridiculously disgusting and grosses me out. And yet? Despite his shortcomings I still like him more than most people. I probably like him more than you. … Continue reading
Creepy, disgusting and stupid things my cat does and yet he’s the one who looks at me like I’m an undignified wretch.
Coughs up hairballs Binge eats too quickly and throws up his food Eats his own puke, fresh or dried up. Licks my feet Licks my shoes Licks his butt to clean it Licks his butt to clean it and yet … Continue reading
Apparently my life is a lie. I’ve avoided most horror movies under the impression that I can’t handle them. (See my post on childhood traumatization). This was also reconfirmed when I couldn’t last five minutes into the Dawn of the … Continue reading
Thank you to the various ‘mericans who told me about their holiday traditions so I could attempt them. You are a fascinating people, and I wish our two nations a long and prosperous friendship. (For the record — although I … Continue reading
Because the nicest thing you can do to your best friends is record them while playing scrabble on Christmas vacation. We lead exciting lives, yo.