- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @red3blog: "Fat people are ugly and need to stop." "OMG! FINALLY! SOMEONE SAID IT! THANK YOU!" "I know, right? I'm so brave." All. The.… 1 hour ago
- RT @globeandmail: Ecuadorians can sue Chevron in Canada, Supreme Court rules trib.al/AzX97uN http://t.co/pxqV8jadRu 3 hours ago
- RT @AlexiaNaidoo: More details on arrest. Protester Arrested for Wearing ‘Aylan Should Be Here’ T-Shirt at Stephen Harper Event http://t.co… 3 hours ago
- Current mood. http://t.co/ucmMKTKUaW 15 hours ago
- "You're everywhere and so are we." — New Canada Post Ad. You're not at my front door delivering my mail. 15 hours ago
Category Archives: Facts
I have a feeling that the people who put together these supposedly inspirational word-picture-things-for-all-to-bask-in-on-the-internet don’t know anything about astronomy. Or physics. Or science. Or how life works at all. Nope. Pretty sure they’re just stars. Lots of gassy gassy stars. … Continue reading
There are three important lessons I have taken from the childhood literary classic, Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar: ONE: I just need to eat a lot and then have a nap and I will emerge a pretty butterfly TWO: … Continue reading
Once upon a time I had a dream. I’m not talking about a metaphorical dream, a la Martin Luther King’s speech. I mean an actual dream where I was asleep and dreaming of things that weirdos like myself dream of. … Continue reading
I have a wacom tablet now. That means I can draw stuff. And things. And all sorts of … stuff. Here, I made this for you:
I know there was that whole previous post about how my cat Jellybean is ridiculously disgusting and grosses me out. And yet? Despite his shortcomings I still like him more than most people. I probably like him more than you. … Continue reading
Creepy, disgusting and stupid things my cat does and yet he’s the one who looks at me like I’m an undignified wretch.
Coughs up hairballs Binge eats too quickly and throws up his food Eats his own puke, fresh or dried up. Licks my feet Licks my shoes Licks his butt to clean it Licks his butt to clean it and yet … Continue reading
To say my family is Hobbesian over food would be a lie. Mainly because Hobbes’ whole “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short” philosophy barely touches on the gladiatorial battles we have over delicious food. And pie territory? There be dragons. … Continue reading
One of the best things about being a grown up is getting to do all the things that, as a child, you thought would be totally awesome to do as an adult. Pizza and popcorn for breakfast? Check. Buying underwear … Continue reading