- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- Hey fellow journos, unless it's a thorough fact check, "political party releases attack ad" is not a news story. It's free advertising. 3 hours ago
- @kingdomofwench @OHTheMaryD Like a friend of mine who almost went into kidney failure while pregnant. Fun times. #shakesheadno 6 hours ago
- If I were rich I'd give away money for the best reasons. Like "Oh, you walked down the aisle to Janelle Monáe's Q.U.E.E.N.? Have 5k." 6 hours ago
- RT @BabyAnimalGifs: just a tiny monkey getting combed with a toothbrush 🐒💕 http://t.co/aWO3WtKodt 12 hours ago
- “A national election is not a popularity contest,” Harper. Yes it is. That's like, the whole point of the democratic process. #elxn42 12 hours ago
Category Archives: Conversation
I explained Twilight to a 50 year old male co-worker who hadn’t heard about the franchise until his PeeWee level girls’ hockey team adopted a child in need for Christmas and one of the suggested gifts was something to do … Continue reading
Why yes, Wilfrid and I are an item.
In which my friend Cece & I are far too easily amused by a pun. Friend’s name has been changed from her original one to ensure crush-anonymity remains. Cece: Of course, there is the downside of me having a massive … Continue reading
Important lesson on being a decent human being: Don’t be like those men at the Tim Hortons.
(Warning for those with tender ears: there is swearage in this post) Fact: I’m pretty much the biggest chicken shit when it comes to twitter. Don’t let my false bravado fool you. I’m a professional writer. My ego is a … Continue reading
In a moment of spontaneity I chopped my hair off yesterday. 10 inches gone, plus bangs. I haven’t had short hair since Grade 9 when it was cut to my chin. Having long curly hair, I’ve always been paranoid about … Continue reading