- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- @saladinahmed @mlberry I ... just... not even one mention of Octavia Butler? http://t.co/S792ViTnCu 2 days ago
- RT @BoobsRadley: LADY COP: One. You get one phonecall. ME: (sings "Silver Springs" to ex's voicemail) LADY COP:(wipes away tear) 100. You g… 2 days ago
- RT @raif_badawi: Very Urgent: An official source told me that Raif Badawi maybe facing death penalty for apostasy again 2 days ago
- @aliciamc @Somecitygirl Just think of them as tears that will POISON YOUR ENEMIES. 2 days ago
- Protip: KD Lang isn't great music to write to, bc you just end up stopping everything to listen to every note that comes out of her mouth. 2 days ago
Category Archives: Books
There are three important lessons I have taken from the childhood literary classic, Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar: ONE: I just need to eat a lot and then have a nap and I will emerge a pretty butterfly TWO: … Continue reading
Obviously, this book being held up by Lucas is the greatest Sally-Ann find ever in the history of Canadian political geekdom. To the cad who threw this book aside: For shame!
Superheroes, history, hockey, heartbreak … all done with a Candian twist. I dove through all 500 some pages of Jeff Lemire’s “Essex County“ collection in one sitting, with the copy that combines all three of his graphic novels into one … Continue reading
Timothy Findley‘s “Pilgrim” – Which, I must confess, I have read multiple times over the past decade. I love love love Findley (Iconic Canadian writer? Hecks yes!), but find that his books are a hit or miss for me. For … Continue reading
Shelf Monkey by Canadian author, Corey Redekop He had me at his description of Winnipeg. Mainly because … Winnipeg.