- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @Adaser: A path diverged in a snowy wood and I took the one that smelled of roasted chicken and garlic. 8 hours ago
- @aehiilrs I like mine better :P 9 hours ago
- @jgquinton Yeah ... It's a scary-weird mixture of toxic masculinity, insecurity, and entitlement. 9 hours ago
- @jgquinton Honestly? It's par for the course if you ask what a lot of female gamers experience. Just intensified. 9 hours ago
- @jgquinton ...they've been doxxing/attacking/sending threats to mainly female game designers/writers. 9 hours ago
Monthly Archives: April 2012
For your consideration: Johnny Burnette’s “You’re Sixteen” The rockabilly singer was born in 1934 and released the song in 1960. Do the math any way you like on that, but “statutory” is the final calculation. Especially endearing are the … Continue reading
To say my family is Hobbesian over food would be a lie. Mainly because Hobbes’ whole “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short” philosophy barely touches on the gladiatorial battles we have over delicious food. And pie territory? There be dragons. … Continue reading