- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @WesleyLowery: For context, police REFUSED to collect security cameras / investigate destruction at stores that were looted last week. 8 minutes ago
- RT @WesleyLowery: Not a joke, police now claiming that they cleared everyone into street to "protect" McDonalds/private property. There was… 9 minutes ago
- RT @YahooNews: Attorney: Video of police shooting at #Ohio @Walmart shows man killed 'without justification’: yhoo.it/XzhMh3 http:/… 14 minutes ago
- RT @nigelduara: Police now corralling people onto sidewalks. Crowd thickens. Not clear what incited it http://t.co/2qusGXAoTx 17 minutes ago
- RT @keithboykin: Everything was calm until police moved in. Organizers keep protesters moving on sidewalk. 18 minutes ago
Monthly Archives: April 2012
For your consideration: Johnny Burnette’s “You’re Sixteen” The rockabilly singer was born in 1934 and released the song in 1960. Do the math any way you like on that, but “statutory” is the final calculation. Especially endearing are the … Continue reading
To say my family is Hobbesian over food would be a lie. Mainly because Hobbes’ whole “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short” philosophy barely touches on the gladiatorial battles we have over delicious food. And pie territory? There be dragons. … Continue reading