- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @EllenKushner: RT @vanbadham: Feminism: because you can sell 30 MILLION copies of a book & when you die, The Australian prints this http… 3 hours ago
- RT @RyanOttley: We artists know what this is like! http://t.co/ZBgFwtpwk3 17 hours ago
- RT @docrocktex26: Police Officer Handcuffed Defense Attorney to a Wall for Demanding to be Present While Her Client was Questioned. http://… 18 hours ago
- @ArielSmithFilm And stretch marks? Just really awesome tiger stripes. 1 day ago
- @MikeRoe If they don't come calling I will create my own award, the Pegitzer Prize, and give it to you. 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: April 2012
For your consideration: Johnny Burnette’s “You’re Sixteen” The rockabilly singer was born in 1934 and released the song in 1960. Do the math any way you like on that, but “statutory” is the final calculation. Especially endearing are the … Continue reading
To say my family is Hobbesian over food would be a lie. Mainly because Hobbes’ whole “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short” philosophy barely touches on the gladiatorial battles we have over delicious food. And pie territory? There be dragons. … Continue reading