- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- Hey fellow journos, unless it's a thorough fact check, "political party releases attack ad" is not a news story. It's free advertising. 16 hours ago
- @kingdomofwench @OHTheMaryD Like a friend of mine who almost went into kidney failure while pregnant. Fun times. #shakesheadno 19 hours ago
- If I were rich I'd give away money for the best reasons. Like "Oh, you walked down the aisle to Janelle Monáe's Q.U.E.E.N.? Have 5k." 19 hours ago
- RT @BabyAnimalGifs: just a tiny monkey getting combed with a toothbrush 🐒💕 http://t.co/aWO3WtKodt 1 day ago
- “A national election is not a popularity contest,” Harper. Yes it is. That's like, the whole point of the democratic process. #elxn42 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: April 2012
For your consideration: Johnny Burnette’s “You’re Sixteen” The rockabilly singer was born in 1934 and released the song in 1960. Do the math any way you like on that, but “statutory” is the final calculation. Especially endearing are the … Continue reading
To say my family is Hobbesian over food would be a lie. Mainly because Hobbes’ whole “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short” philosophy barely touches on the gladiatorial battles we have over delicious food. And pie territory? There be dragons. … Continue reading