- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- @LibraryOgre oh please. I have drawers of makeup and decades of being a woman. BRING IT. 3 hours ago
- Hackers is our go-to romantic movie to watch together. You're jealous of our love, I know it 3 hours ago
- RT @onthisdayinfilm: 15 September, 1995, saw the release of Hackers, did. by Iain Softley & starred Angelina Jolie & Jonny Lee Miller http:… 3 hours ago
- @lousycanuck @Doubting_Tom @EponymousKid or we're just über english lit nerds? 3 hours ago
- @LibraryOgre I'm Canadian. You shall be drowned to almost death by my maple syrup in this battle. But I shall show mercy. 3 hours ago
Monthly Archives: April 2012
For your consideration: Johnny Burnette’s “You’re Sixteen” The rockabilly singer was born in 1934 and released the song in 1960. Do the math any way you like on that, but “statutory” is the final calculation. Especially endearing are the … Continue reading
To say my family is Hobbesian over food would be a lie. Mainly because Hobbes’ whole “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short” philosophy barely touches on the gladiatorial battles we have over delicious food. And pie territory? There be dragons. … Continue reading