- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @megamandaplays: Instead of "Training to be Batman's wife," can I get this beautiful scene from The Hiketeia on a shirt, @DCComics? http… 2 hours ago
- RT @Awkward_Duck: As Halloween approaches, here's some general guidelines around wearing blackface as costume: 1. No. 12 hours ago
- RT @WhySharksMatter: How many people who are terrified of an #Ebola outbreak text while driving? People are bad at risk assessment. 16 hours ago
- RT @hoover_dam: LIFEHACK: Repurpose "Hints from Heloise" as "lifehacks" and suddenly they're cool, like calling your crafts bazaar a "maker… 16 hours ago
- RT @BastardKeith: "Resting bitchface" is really just Resting Bossface but dudes gotta hate. 16 hours ago
Monthly Archives: April 2012
For your consideration: Johnny Burnette’s “You’re Sixteen” The rockabilly singer was born in 1934 and released the song in 1960. Do the math any way you like on that, but “statutory” is the final calculation. Especially endearing are the … Continue reading
To say my family is Hobbesian over food would be a lie. Mainly because Hobbes’ whole “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short” philosophy barely touches on the gladiatorial battles we have over delicious food. And pie territory? There be dragons. … Continue reading