- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- When rich corporations are all "if this gets XYZ likes etc. we'll do XYZ to help out" and I'm all "Why don't you just do it anyways?" 2 hours ago
- @briandgregory every day should be a bacon day. 3 hours ago
- RT @NYMag: Nine American babies were named "Cheese" in 2013. nym.ag/1fdt51Y http://t.co/OchIGDx53n 15 hours ago
- @DigiFluid it's hard work being a cat. The pure level of awesome is hard to maintain. 15 hours ago
- @kingdomofwench Hah! If weight causes back pain, explain my beanpole bf whose back is blech vs. Mine. #fatkidgoodback 20 hours ago
Monthly Archives: April 2012
For your consideration: Johnny Burnette’s “You’re Sixteen” The rockabilly singer was born in 1934 and released the song in 1960. Do the math any way you like on that, but “statutory” is the final calculation. Especially endearing are the … Continue reading
To say my family is Hobbesian over food would be a lie. Mainly because Hobbes’ whole “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short” philosophy barely touches on the gladiatorial battles we have over delicious food. And pie territory? There be dragons. … Continue reading