- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @TheTinaVasquez: Love is never telling your loved one you're cooking them a "steak" and then serving this. https://t.co/gcQ4naj3we 1 hour ago
- RT @SlexAxton: Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Supreme Court is just a regular court, but with sour cream and cheese on top. 18 hours ago
- @TRexSays you don't need that sort of negativity in your life. 19 hours ago
- @JJWrong Justin Trudeau. 1 day ago
- Woke up next to a hairball on my pillow from one of my monsters. So I feel this day can only get better. #optimism 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: October 2011
It’s pretty obvious that Tanya and I are the coolest kids in our office since we’re the only ones wearing Hallowe’en costumes. Everyone else? You disappoint me greatly. Unfortunately there are downsides to going with a geeky costume like Jayne … Continue reading
What has been stuck to my brain lately… Biffy Clyro – Many of Horror (When We Collide) Richard Buckner – Escape Amelia Curran – All Hands on a Grain of Sand
Obviously, this book being held up by Lucas is the greatest Sally-Ann find ever in the history of Canadian political geekdom. To the cad who threw this book aside: For shame!
Expectations are different in small towns. In small town northwestern Ontario? Flannel is completely appropriate for all occasions. Weddings included. Funerals too – but the good flannel. Expectations, people. These different expectations carry over into the intersection of community newspapers … Continue reading
Anyone who complains about the insipid nature of music today needs to take a good look back at the Beach Boys. Because… wow. Creepy. For those who don’t know “Help Me Rhonda,” basically it’s a song about a guy going … Continue reading
Due to a horrific migraine I passed out last night at around 9 p.m. I did so while facing the wrong way in bed. It confused my cat. He attempted to jump on my head, only to find my feet. … Continue reading
No care packages were harmed in the making of this video.
This is what happens when people like Kate tell me I have to start vlogging. I come up with random tales that share way too much information. See what I mean? No one should be watching this.
This is a guide on how to walk through a shopping mall. BECAUSE APPARENTLY SOME PEOPLE NEED IT. I know, eh? The final straw came after my visit to the Mall of America last weekend, where I was once again … Continue reading