- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @wildwestgardens: Two baby tortoises wearing raspberries. That is all. http://t.co/PTuZXyR1Uk rbl.ms/18jGOSX via @Know 1 hour ago
- @verylemonade A warrior's death! 1 day ago
- Ppl talking about Almost Human make me confused because my brain just thinks it's Being Human.#bbcbrain 1 day ago
- My War on Christmas (TM) contribution is singing carols like I have since a child. Horribly out of tune & year round. TAKE THAT RELIGION. 1 day ago
- RT @EarthPix: 140 year old mom, with 5 day old son. http://t.co/iGEeKPYHEx 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: August 2011
I heard there was a little something called the “MTV VMAs” on the tv a few nights ago? Kids these days with their neat-o acronyms and hip stuff! I also heard that the show was pretty “meh.” Here, wonderful people … Continue reading
Wherein my brother and I communicate through facebook.
If you move to a small town, sooner or later you will hear this phrase: “We could go to this event, but … (sad pause with a sigh) … it’s just not the same as it used to be. You … Continue reading
This is what happens when I start fiddling around on my shiny awesome new macbook.
I’m truly sad that I never had the opportunity to meet Federal NDP leader Jack Layton, and now I never will. That’s saying a lot about the guy, as he was a politician. In my field, most politicians come across … Continue reading
There will be no blueberry picking this year. Yes, I know, it was on the list. Yes, I know blueberries are one of the few delicious things that grow in this barren land of the Canadian Shield. But it was … Continue reading
After noticing that our intern never arrived this morning, we leapt into action to fill the empty void of a seat. I present to you Zoey 2.0 As you can see, we paid a great attention to detail in creating … Continue reading
Check off another item on my adventure list— I went sailing yesterday! Zoey and I headed across the border early for breakfast at the Chocolate Moose (See what they did with the name there? It’s a pun! How could you … Continue reading
My “Small Town Survival Guide” is being picked up to run over at the Girl Guides of Canada blog. Insert appropriate happy animated gif here. That is all.