- My name is Peggy. I'm a geek, journalist, writer, crafter, Canadian, neurotic cat owner, skeptic, atheist, feminist, bookworm, clotheshorse, politics junkie and generally awesome.
And somehow I ended up in Alberta.
What's shakin'advice Annoying Words Books Canada Comics Conversation diagrams Facts Fashion Food Geekery Guest Blog Guiding Housekeeping Journalism Linkage Movies Music Neurotic Character Flaws Random Random adventures Ranting Science! Small town survival guide Television Term of the Day That's not love—that's creepy Uncategorized unwork vloggerizing
- RT @runofplay: DAFT PUNK FOR PEOPLE IN THEIR 30S We're up till about 11:15 to get lucky After that...uhh, it's late, we've gotten lucky … 5 hours ago
- Maybe a radical idea for this city, but maybe drivers SHOULD NOT TAILGATE OTHER DRIVERS BC THAT IS AWFUL & YOU ARE AWFUL IF YOU DO THIS. 8 hours ago
- PULITZER THIS MAN. twitter.com/BuzzFeed/statu… 9 hours ago
- RT @mighty_flynn: If you're that fond of the name, Ohio, you could call the Cleveland baseball team the McKinleys. 10 hours ago
- RT @thinkpiecebot: Are Memes Why Millennials Won't Keep Bees? 10 hours ago
Monthly Archives: July 2011
In which my friend Cece & I are far too easily amused by a pun. Friend’s name has been changed from her original one to ensure crush-anonymity remains. Cece: Of course, there is the downside of me having a massive … Continue reading
Important lesson on being a decent human being: Don’t be like those men at the Tim Hortons.
(Warning for those with tender ears: there is swearage in this post) Fact: I’m pretty much the biggest chicken shit when it comes to twitter. Don’t let my false bravado fool you. I’m a professional writer. My ego is a … Continue reading
For one tiny moment in a sea of war, famine, environmental disaster and hate — this right here makes me proud to be a part of the human race and reaffirms our potential for greatness.
When life hands you a knee sliced open by a wooden pallet at work, the only solution is a My Little Pony band-aid. Obviously. Also, nothing says “classy lady” like a huge fading bruise on the shin.
Congratulations, you’re in a small town! That watch wrapped around your wrist? That circle on the wall with the hands? Useless. You’re now running on small town time. Small town time is a game. It is a game you will … Continue reading
Sometimes it might motivate the sports reporter to finally remember proper formatting and style for laying out a page… Who am I kidding? It won’t. No sports reporters were harmed in the making of this photo. That much.
In a moment of spontaneity I chopped my hair off yesterday. 10 inches gone, plus bangs. I haven’t had short hair since Grade 9 when it was cut to my chin. Having long curly hair, I’ve always been paranoid about … Continue reading
I am a small town veteran. I survived 18 years growing up in an itty-bitty township in Southern Ontario. It was “quaint”—or some word similar to “quaint,” used in the brochures meant to lure in tourists and their beloved tourist … Continue reading